Modern Day Slavery
- To raise awareness on the activity of human traffickers and their mode of operation.
- Demystification of the greener pastures theory.
With a focus on effective ways local communities can address human trafficking proactively, we engaged Stakeholders in discussing and training traditional rulers, religious leaders and members of Bakassi Local Government Area and Akpabuyo respectively on the alarming rate of human trafficking activities and learn how to identify and address vulnerabilities in these communities that shares boundary with Cameron swiftly.
- Online Campaign
- Experience sharing by victims of human trafficking and tips on how to identify human traffickers.
- Increased awareness on human trafficking activities in Bakassi.
- Demystification of the greener pasture theory.
- Establishment of a help line.
- Increased knowledge on how to identify and address vulnerabilities in the communities.
80 participants including victims and stakeholders
- Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Cross River State Command
- American Corner Calabar
- Care Mentors Initiatives
- Nigerian Red Cross Society, Cross River State Chapter.
- Traditional Rulers
- Religions Organizations
Designed to curb illiteracy among youngsters and reawaken reading culture among them by rewarding winners with educational aid materials such as laptops, dictionaries, scramble games, and scholarships.
To mobilise, engage and motivate low income women and Girls to lead change in their communities through education and engagement in economic activities.
Celebrate International women’s Day with Internally Displaced Women at Bakassi and give them sense of hope and belonging in the society.
Raising awareness on the activity of human traffickers and their mode of operation.
Demystification of the greener pastures theory…Read More
Increase awareness among girls on how they can overcome challenges they face while also building self-confidence in them to be able to speak up when faced with challenges
Building business development capacity of wives of military and paramilitary agencies particularly in the agricultural and food production sector
Curb post harvest losses of wild captured fish by creating awareness on the availability of improved fish smoking technology
To drive the uptake of the improved smoking kiln technology in the creek community