To curb-post harvest losses of wild captured fish by creating awareness on the availability of improved fish smoking technology
- Sensitization of fisher-folks and local fish processors on the economic benefit and efficiency of improved fish smoking technology
- Demonstration of the operational techniques and economic benefit of adopting the technology to local fisher-folks and fish smokers in the Creeks.
- Facilitation of the adoption of the smoking kiln technology by potential investors and local fish smokers in the region.
- Installation of 500kg improved smoking kiln in the Creek
- Increased knowledge among fisher-folks and local fish processors on the availability of improved smoking kiln Technology in the Creek communities.
- Adoption of 3 improved smoking kiln technology by potential investors
- Adoption of improved smoking kiln in the Creek community
Dec. 2017 – Feb. 2018
- Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources