Aim: To raise awareness on the activity of human traffickers and their mode of operation.
Demystification of the greener pastures theory.
With a focus on effective ways local communities can address human trafficking proactively, we engaged Stakeholders in discussing and training traditional rulers, religious leaders and members of Bakassi Local Government Area and Akpabuyo respectively on the alarming rate of human trafficking activities and learn how to identify and address vulnerabilities in these communities that shares boundary with Cameron swiftly.
- Online Campaign
- Experience sharing by victims of human trafficking and tips on how to identify human traffickers.
- Increased awareness on human trafficking activities in Bakassi.
- Demystification of the greener pasture theory.
- Establishment of a help line.
- Increased knowledge on how to identify and address vulnerabilities in the communities.
July 27, 2017.
- Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Cross River State Command
- American Corner Calabar
- Care Mentors Initiatives
- Nigerian Red Cross Society, Cross River State Chapter.
- Traditional Rulers
- Religions Organizations