Aim: To mobilise, engage and motivate low income women and Girls to lead change in their communities through education and engagement in economic activities.
We broke through religious and cultural barriers, and diversity to access these women and girls and empower them with Entrepreneurial Development and Business management skills, educating them on financial literacy and linking them up with the Bank of Industry for funding opportunities business owners and start-ups
Activity: Training of Financial Literacy, Entrepreneurial development and Business Management. Also, women and girls were equipped with vocational skills
- Increased level of awareness on funding opportunities for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) at the Bank of Industry available to among low income women and girls in Gombe State.
- Increased level of financial literacy among low income women and girls in Gombe State.
- Increase business management skills among beneficiaries
- Access to Finance
Number of Beneficiaries
120 women and Girls (including Internally Displaced Women) across the 11 L.G.As in Gombe State
July 2016 – August 201
- Gombe State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare
- Bank of Industry, Gombe State Office
- United Bank for Africa